First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart Of Jesus
6th December 2019 @ 1:40 pm - 1:50 pm
An event every month that begins at 1:40 pm on day First of the month, repeating until 6th December 2019
We have a short devotional prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the 1st Friday of the every month at the Cathedral at 1.40pm after Mass.
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647 – 1690) was instructed by Jesus (who appeared to her many times) to spread this devotion to His Most Sacred Heart.
The Great Promises Our Lord Made
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propogate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
When Our Lord makes an extraordinary effort such as this to encourage each of us to this devotion, I think it’s wise to pay attention and do as He requests, yes?